You’ve tried it all, haven’t you? Me too, sometimes the kids just don’t want to listen. Here are some surefire ways to change that:
· Kneel down and make eye contact with your kiddos, this will show them that you need their full attention, and you’ll be on their level for maximum hearing advantages
· For older kids, sit down with them and have a chat. If you expect your kids to listen, you have to be willing to listen to them as well. This means turning off your phone and giving them your full attention.
· See things from their perspective. Instead of yelling at your kid to come eat dinner, show interest in what they are doing, for example if your son is watching TV, engage in conversation about the characters on the screen, and then discuss what needs to get done.
· Write it down. Make whatever it is you want your kids to do in black and white, so they know exactly what is expected of them.
· Have consistent consequences, and if all else fails, try doing nothing and let them learn their lesson the hard why.
If you have any more questions, we are always here to help at My Petsters, we are always looking for great suggestions too!
The Best In Me Sees The Best In You™